Data Processing Agreement
A data processing agreement is a legally binding contract that states the rights and obligations of Sera4 (acting as a data processor) and your company (acting as a data controller) concerning the protection of personal data. It completes Sera4’s Terms and Conditions and applies to personal data processing activities subject to PIPEDA (Canadian Privacy Laws) and GDPR (European Privacy Laws).
Our data processing agreement (in accordance with GDPR Article 28, Section 3) includes assurances that:
- Sera4 agrees to process personal data only on written instructions of your company.
- Everyone who comes into contact with data at Sera4 is sworn to confidentiality.
- Sera4 uses appropriate technical and organizational measures are used to protect the security of the data.
- Sera4 does not subcontract to other data processors unless the sub-processor is compliant with Sera4’s DPA and applicable country laws (pursuant to [GDPR] Sections 2 and 4 of Article 28).
- Sera4 will help your company uphold its obligations under the PIPEDA, and GDPR, particularly concerning data subjects’ rights.
- Sera4 will help your company maintain PIPEDA, and GDPR compliance.
LAST UPDATED: THIS PAGE WAS LAST REVISED ON JUNE 7, 2023